20 Headboard Ideas

Door Headboard @ Dirt Cheap Decor!
bed11.jpg
 Painted Boards Headboard {based on a baby shower invitation} @ Tiny Prints
old window frame headboard via cutelittlechick Feathering Your Nest:  Inspired Headboards
Window Frames Headboard @ Better Homes and Gardens
 Chalkboard Headboard{source unknown}
 Reclaimed Headboard {source unknown}

Salvaged Headboard @ Design Sponge
Hollow Core Headboard {source unknown}
Folding Screen Headboard @ Design Sponge
Wallpapered Headboard @ House of Turquoise
Panel Headboards @ Living Etc.
Upholstered Squares headboard @ All Things Thrifty
 Wallpapered Squares @ Decor8
 Painted and Framed Headboard @ Style Key West
 Painted Headboard {source unknown}
Headboard Shelf {source unknown}
Maybe someday I will get my Bedroom Redo done {It’s only been 7 months, come on!}. Leigh @ Dirt Cheap Decor sent me an email about her great headboard — at the top of the post — and it got me thinking about my bedroom redo and so I have been going through my files. I thought I would share some of them with you.
And if you have a great headboard idea, I’d love for you to share it with us in the comments.
Have a great night!

Comments

1. The chalkboard headboard is an amazing idea. I’m concerned about chalk dust, though.

2. The chalkboard idea as a headboard is amazing. I would love to try this but I worry a bit about chalk dust. Oh well.

3. todas estas ideas de decoracion estan divinas,provoca reformar lo que uno tiene,felicitaciones.

4. At this time I am going to do my breakfast, once having
    my breakfast coming over again to read more news.
    Darlehen ohne Schufa schwierigen Fällen bekommen recently posted…Darlehen ohne Schufa schwierigen Fällen bekommen

5. Gorgeous headboards. My favourite is the window frames one. Super creative.

6. Awesome! Its actually remarkable paragraph, I have got much
    clear idea concerning from this article.
    Jeff recently posted…Jeff

7. Lovelovelove the first one! Such a neat idea.

8. Hi!
    Love your blog. I made my headboard out of Ikea mirrors. I was itching to do something different. Here is a link to my blog post about it:

I linked to your blog from mine!

9. Wonderful, A headboard can really be a great focal point for a bedroom, and just because you own a regular ol’ bed doesn’t mean it can’t have a regal backdrop.Simply paint a block of color the width of the bed, and add a small stencil in another shade for a fun bit of detailing.

10. Hi! The chalkboard headboard is mine :) I blog for Apartment Therapy and photographed my bedroom for a post two years ago. Its the last photo in this post here:

Glad you like it! I've moved since and I miss my old bedroom!

Jeanine

11. A Little Bit of Everything! says:

Wow! These are great!

12. Thanks so much for posting this! For 3 years I've been trying to find the perfect headboard for my bedroom.
    The sloped ceiling was a challenge, you've inspired me.
    I'll send you a photo of the finished product.
    Vicki in Vancouver

13. Hi Jen! As promised, I featured you, though a day or so late LOL http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/20-headboard-ideas/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

14. Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

So many pretty options. I need to build a headboard!

15. Oh my goodness. What a plethora of fantastic ideas and each one so unique. Wonderful job gathering them up to share!

There are some ideas here that I would never have dreamed up…and some are so clever. If I still had kids at home I'd do that letter headboard in their rooms in a heartbeat!

17. Carmie, the Single Nester says:

Great headboard ideas. I would be afraid that some of them might fall down – wink wink :)

18. Tracy Suzanne says:

Hey Jen. I love post like this. So many great and unique ideas. Thanks for sharing it with us. I like the mantle piece one but there needs to be something below it to lean against.

Have a fun filled weekend. Hugs…Tracy :)

P.S. I'm having a giveaway. I hope you stop by and enter.

19. Heather Feather says:

These are beautiful and SO unique! I loved looking at these pictures. Thanks for the ideas!

20. MaryJanes and Galoshes says:

OOHHHH I love these headboards! I had a couple bookmarked myself but you found some new ones!

Taylor

21. Kari @ Ucreate says:

Jen,
    These are amazing…I'm especially LOVING the painted and framed headboard…WOW! I'll be sending my readers to this post!

22. this blessed nest says:

wow!

such great inspiration pieces in this post. i am in such a bedroom overhaul need! i don't even know which one is my fave. they are all incredible.

i've bookmarked this post.
    so awesome. thanks.

23. CandaceAshley says:

I really love the headboard ideas! I think this is one place people overlook, or forget that it can really anchor your bed, and dress up a room. Wonderful ideas, my next house will hopefully have more bedrooms I can experiment!!

24. The Blonde Duck says:

I like the chalkboard one.

25. Emily @ Finding My Aloha says:

So fun!

26. dimpleprints says:

Love this post, great ideas! Thanks, carli

27. oooh, i love ALL of them!! especially the old windows. i have a giant old window that was at my house when we bought it. eventually i want to do something with that :)

28. I love those ideas. I am in the process of redoing my guest room and am using 2 huge pillows (like floor pillows) in place of a headboard. I think I like it…so far.

29. Thanks so much for putting this together! My boyfriend needs a headboard, and I'm trying to "decorate" his room, which will our room at some point. I think might put together a similar thing and make him chose out of those. lol

30. Thank you so much for these! My husband and I both like to read in bed and we don't have a head board and it drives me nuts. I needed some inspiration and here it is! :o)

31. I love all of those great ideas! I especially love the old hankies (I collect those). Thanks for featuring my headboard, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see it on your blog!
    –Leigh

32. Before I convinced my husband to buy the curved headboard we have now, which allows us to sit up and read in bed, we had a mirror clamped to the wall. The chalk board idea would be really great for kids, but the embroidery headboard is really inventive!

33. These are all great headboard ideas!! I will be experimenting in my guest bedroom :)

34. these are all beautiful! now, i wish i hadn't bought a new king size bed a few months ago.. we had a queen with no head or foot board. hmm…

35. Chelsie Pratt says:

Wow, I love all these great ideas! I actually just build my own headboard back in March, but this post has me thinking I should fancy it up somehow. These are all so cute!
    Check mine out @ http://habituallybliss.blogspot.com/2010/03/always-learning.html

36. Amanda@The Hand Me Down House says:

WOW! Look at all these awesome headboard ideas — I feel like I might need 20 beds so I can have all of them. :) Haha! Thanks so much for sharing all these, Jen!

37. Curlicue a.k.a. Kathy, KD, Kate and my favorite, Miss Kat says:

I've been wanting a headboard for years but all that I saw out there were the metal ones. Thanks for the great ideas!

38. ♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥ says:

Oh wow! I love thees headboards! It makes me excited to get a new apartment and decorate it. I think I'll need you to come back to NY to help me. ;)

I love the doors and the chalkboard…and the panels..yes, all of them really. Wow…awesome ideas to be found here as always.

39. Sandra {sawdust and paper scraps} says:

Fabulous pictures! I want to do my mine now too. But no, master bedroom is on the absolute bottom of the to-do list.

40. freckled laundry says:

I love one-stop-shopping posts! Thanks for putting this together, Jen!

Jami

41. Such a great post!!! Thanks for putting this together.

42. perfect timing! I was just discussing a bed option for my room…

43. I used three rod iron garden trellis thingies for our king sized headboard, not really sure what they are, but they were in the garden section at a local store. They look really good and were cheap!

Loved all your ideas!

44. SurvivorDiane says:

I was thrilled when I saw what your post was. Now I'm bummed………….. my daughter needs a King sized headboard. Now the options are too many. Kidding, of course, sorta. What to do what to do?

45. Fabulous post! I'm going out of town until Monday, but when I get back I'll feature this on Craft Gossip. Love it!

46. Candy (Mama Lion) says:

this was an amazing post. i loved looking at all of these. how creative was the chalkboard and the empty frame. love it!

47. Wow…there are some really great ideas in there!

48. A great collection of ideas, Jen! And of course you will get yours done someday! Just make sure you show us when you do!

49. Erin Zacharda says:

I love the first one – using old doors as a headboard – what a fabulous idea! I wish I had lots of rooms to fill so that I could try out all kinds of cool headboards :) The possibilities are endless!
    Thanks for sharing these fun ideas.
    ~Erin

50. There's a site that sells vinyl headboards – basically cool outlines of headboards that go right on the wall. They are pretty cool!

51. As always, I love your posts. Here's wishing I had been a bit more creative when we did our bedroom. There's always the next house, right?

52. C.R.A.F.T. says:

what a great post :) thank you for sharing!

53. These are some really unique headboards! Thank you so much for sharing them. I'm in the middle of a master bedroom makeover, and we're planning on making a headboard. I intended to use a dropcloth to upholster one and add nailhead trim, but this post may have me going in a different direction. Thanks for the inspiration.

54. They are some great ideas! I love how each one is beautiful and unique! I am really liking the last photo and the color choices in the room! Thanks for sharing :)
    Wendy

55. Madigan at madiganmade says:

Wonderful variety and great ideas. Thanks for turning me onto another site. I'm loving Design Sponge!

56. Lissa @ MyThriftyTreasures says:

These are ALL so gorgeous and unique…I love them! Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for a cheaper and more one-of-a-kind bed ideas since King size headboards are PRICEY!

57. shortmama says:

They are ALL great!

Those are so cool, Jen!!! Darn me and my bland traditional bedroom set. (Hubby is uber traditional about that stuff–there will be no painting of the bedroom furniture) :(

Great ideas though!

59. faith buss says:

Hey-Hey! I stop by all the time but never make a peep. But I had to show you…

PS – I LOVE all of these headboards!

60. HA! Jen, I JUST posted a really simple baseball headboard I recently did in my five year old's room.
    Check it out if you get the chance!
    ~Robin
    keephomesimple@blogspot.com

61. I can't even pick my favorite!!! Amazing.

62. sydney @ memorable minutes says:

i love so many of them. when i finally move out to my own place i'm going to need more than one bedroom to decorate! hope you've been enjoying the end of your summer. :) Sydney

63. michelle@somedaycrafts says:

Beautiful! I was going to show the first headboard on my blog next week. It's gorgeous as well as the others. 20 pictures and links! Girl, this post took a long time to create. You are amazing!

1. Bed1jpg says:

[…] bed1jpg source […]

2. [...] Homedit and 1 & 51,3,10 15, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 57, 58, 59-62, 60, 61, [...]

3. [...] Here is a great link to a blog with great headboard ideas if your thinking of doing something different. [...]