Get Organized with Burlap!

Here’s a little project I made when I did my closet redo. I made a few more the other day. This is a stylish way to keep your jewelry or other small items organized. It would also be great in an office to keep small things like — paper clips, staples, push pins or rubber bands organized.
I used the same technique that I did when I made my burlap magnet boards, but I cut the boards narrower and then attached magnetic containers I found at IKEA.
I added a little bling with sparkly buttons. I also cut out circles of scrapbook paper and attached it to the back of the tins to coordinate with my closet and office. I used glue dots so if I ever want to change out the paper — it will be easy to do.
If you want to make some, just follow my tutorial HERE.

I am linking up to:
Show and Tell Green

[button_thumb[12][6].jpg]

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

Comments

1. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Jen, you are the go-to girl for burlap! They are really sweet looking. I definitely need to make a trip to IKEA and make a set for my desk!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day! Have a great weekend!

2. Lanie Ree says:

Hey there! I'm featuring this today. Because it's awesome.

3. Lanie Ree says:

Whoa, beautiful! This is an awesome idea. And the colors you used are so pretty!

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

4. Carmie, the Single Nester says:

Another great project! I especially like the one in blue! I have these same containers but I got them in a garden/home catalogue. Didn't know IKEA sells them!

5. Vivienne says:

So, so, so cute! The perfect excuse to buy more jewelry!

6. Meet Virginia says:

Too cute! I am totally doing this!!

Check out my new
    GIVEAWAY!!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

7. Michelle @ Sweet Something says:

Are your ears burning? I'm talking about you over at my blog! :)

Fantastic project! I love the blue one!

Michelle

8. Cute! I love mine. It is right above my desk and holds all my new accomplishments in school. : p

9. Miller Racing Family says:

I love how you can use these containers for anything. Thanks for another great idea.
    Have a wonderful day!

10. Jenglamgirl says:

Love them JEN… super duper duper cute. I AM ALL about organization, and if you can make it cute too, EVEN BETTER. I adore the aqua one. Where do you find the time to make all this stuff? I need more money too… HA! great work! Hugs, Jenn

11. Another amazing idea. I could really use something like this in my office.

12. brown paper packages says:

I love burlap, and I love organization, so they are perfect!

13. ~Lavender Dreamer~ says:

I've enjoyed your posts on burlap so much! I went to a huge fabric store and saw colored burlap! It surprised me! ♥

14. Connie Weiss says:

What a great idea! I have a ton of those tins left….

15. Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says:

So love these–no ikea, wonder where I can find me some great containers like that.

16. I love this. I'm having my first Linky Party tomorrow. It's called We're Organized Wednesday. I would love it if you could link this project. Thanks!
    Leanne

17. I love this. I'm having my first Linky Party tomorrow. It's called We're Organized Wednesday. I would love it if you could link this project. Thanks!
    Leanne

18. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Very clever, Jen! These would be great in an office setting, too!

19. the thrifty ba says:

i just wanted to let you know how much i really like your blog! i just gave you a sunshine award. come see how pretty it is at thethriftyba.blogspot.com

20. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

I love it Jen, is there anything you do that doesn't make burlap look like a thousand bucks? That fabric never had a better friend.

21. CUTE! So-if you want to make some extra and come over to my house-I would totally be ok with that! Thats me, always thinking of others!
    Happy Tuesday!

22. You have me hooked on Burlap! I just got done making a Burlap wreath for Spring! Keep the great ideas coming

23. House Queen says:

You knocked another one outta the park girl! You are so inspiring! I plan to do something worth showing off this summer when I am off…I promise!!! Have a great week and head to Tennessee if you get bored…my house would love to see you coming!!! 😉

24. These are very pretty!

25. what a great idea…

26. Victoria@WhimsybyVictoria says:

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!! I love this! I have wanted to find some of those little canisters for other projects…so cute! I have a little "thank you" up on my new post to you.

Hugs,
    Victoria

27. Those are absolutely gorgeous!

28. I have these little IKEA beauties also at my home office / craft station! I love them! I really love how you added the little pop of color on the inside of the cans! Good idea!

29. ooooh, i would love that for the computer room with all the little gadgets we have in there!

30. What a great idea! I just gave you the Sunshine Award over at my blog. I love your blog. Go receive your award at nightowlcrafting.blogsot.com

31. Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue says:

That is totally gorgeous! I love the idea 😉

32. jennykate77 says:

You and your burlap! That is so incredibly cute…and very functional! I love it!

Hope you're having a good week so far!♥

33. The Monster and Me says:

Awesome! great idea, thanks for sharing :)

♥CMonster

34. I love the last one – perfect colors for me!

35. Kasey Hunt says:

Very creative!!

Great idea! I love those little tins…I used some kind of like them to make an advent calendar last year! I love that you can change out the paper too. Great idea!

37. Pretty Things says: