Valentine Project: Playing Card Coupon Booklets w/template

We love celebrating Valentine’s Day, but it’s not a big present-fest around here. Instead, we like to have a nice family dinner and a few little gifts. Something that my kids love is making and receiving Valentine coupons.
This year I’m giving my little family Valentine Coupon books made out of a deck of playing cards.
I bought the playing cards at the grocery store. They were a double pack of cards for $1.99. Then I made the coupons. If you would like to use them, they are HERE. You can customize them and put whatever you want on your coupons.
I thought of each member of my family and what they would think is fun. Some of the coupons I made up were:
Kids:
  • Back Rub
  • Pie of Your Choice
  • Candlelit Dinner for Two
  • Breakfast in Bed
  • Night without Kids
  • Foot Massage
  • and a few unmentionables :)

First I printed off the coupons, trimmed them and attached them to the cards.
Then I punched a hole in the cards.
Then I took some big jewelry links and threaded the chain through the hole in the card.
  Then I cut ten 5-inch lengths of ribbon and tied them on each of the round rings {found in the jewelry section of Micheal’s}.
 I then attached the round rings to the smaller jewelry links by opening up the links and then closing them when they were attached. If you can’t find large round rings, you could use keychain rings (also found in the jewelry section).
 The last thing I did was hot glue a vintage button on the top of each coupon book. And then cut the prongs off a fabric scrapbook brad and hot glued it on top of the button!
And, if you would like a chance to win a $50 Lisa Leonard gift certificate, click HERE.
I am linking up to Kimba’s DIY Day
and Today’s Creative Blog’s

Have a Super Day!

Comments

1. The template does not work could you forward it to me at Roseanne.Reid@state.ma.us

2. Hello! Where did you get the template for the coupons you printed out?? I think i’m going to borrow this idea to do for my GF. Thanks!

3. I am so excited that I came across this! I just can’t wait to make these for my three teenage daughters and ten year old son. How fun!
    Thank you!

4. Thanks for the super HIP idea! I'm so excited to make these for my family this year. We featured you on our blog today!

5. just bella designs says:

1) I LOOOVE your site and all the cute ideas. 2) Am I doing something wrong with the template? I click on the "Here" and it opens on my Word but they are off? Like the wordings not in the right spot? Sorry I'm not computer savvy at all!

6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

8. THank you soooo much for this fabulous idea and the template! I made a pack for my hunny for Vday and he loved it! I posted on my blog… check it out: http://www.inkysmiles.com

~Inky Smiles!
    Erin

9. Love this idea….I have missed Valentine's day but my daughter's birthday is the 23rd….this is a great idea!! thanks for the template too.

10. bridget {bake at 350} says:

Oh, that is SO, so adorable!!! I gave my son a cpoupon book 2 years ago for this birthday…handwritten and tied together…he LOVED it. It may be the best present I've ever given him. He's still trying to redeem coupons! I'm SO making this for him, and hubby, for Valentine's Day! ♥

11. Sheri@childmade.com says:

Very cute! And I still have time to put some together. Thanks for sharing. I've posted a link.

12. Room to Inspire says:

What a fabulous idea! Super creative – I can't wait in a couple years when my kiddos are a bit older, I am definitely making these!

Chelsea

13. These are fabulous! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this project with us! I am making mine up right now and will share them on my blog and link back to you!

Thank you, thank you!

~Inky Smiles
    Erin G

14. Lacie @ Creative Attempts says:

This is such a fantastic idea I love it. These are the gifts that people remember.

15. Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful says:

Woman…you are a genius! I am in LOVe with this project!!!

16. southerninspiration says:

What a cool project and gift-giving idea….I'm sure all of the recipients are going to LOVE those! Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne

17. The Single Nester says:

What a great project! You always craft such beautiful things!

18. Rachel@oneprettything.com says:

This is way fun! Thanks so much for the great ideas and the blanks. I'll be linking.

19. Awesome idea! Love the idea to use playing cards and how neat the red, white, and black looks.

20. Thanks for the template! Read it, liked it, opened it, changed it, printed it, can't wait to give it!

21. De Javu Crafts says:

This is SOOOoooo Cute…i know exactly what im doing for my family this year for V-day! Thanks!
    AmaNDA

22. M. JORGENSEN says:

what a sweet idea! your one smart chick! thanks for the idea…i'm totally making on this weeking for the hubs for v*day! Happy Crafting!

These are just too cute. I am amazed at your creativity. Wow!

Sue

24. Miller Racing Family says:

I love the cards. I bet your older kiddos will love these. Have a wonderful day!

25. kermiefrg says:

These are adorable! I love your design and they came out so cute! I hope your family enjoys them : )

26. Merry Mary says:

What a creative presentation!

27. Kari @ Ucreate says:

I'm LOVIN' this idea!! What a cute gift for any age!

28. Those are awesome! They remind me of Mickey Mouse because of the colors and I LOVE that.

29. Manuela@TPOH says:

Another cute idea!

Manuela

30. I am loving all the playing card crafts I am seeing lately! Gotta get my juices flowing on them, love it! Btw, I tried out the pom pom garland and am linking to you on my blog today (post is in the works right now). Just wanted to thank you for the idea!

31. Mrs. Dunbar says:

Wow you come up with the greatest crafts. Seriously. I may just have to copy this one, too. I copied your Whimsical wreath, and linked back to you. Thanks for all of the awesome ideas. You rock.

32. Oh my goodness, I just found your blog! A crafty woman after my own heart. I'm going to follow and become, I think, your gazillionth follower. Do stop by and say 'hey' someday! You've got a great blog going on that's for certain. Roz (aka bella)

33. Jenglamgirl says:

You have received a blog award on my BLOG! ;)

34. These are darling! Where and when do you find the time to do all of these things?!

Do you have an assistant or some staff person you haven't told us about?

How is it that you are always put together with cute clothes (that you made yourself) with gorgeous hair and make-up, and a fit body (that you exercise daily) and have a clean house, cute crafts, extra-curricular activities with your kids, decorating AND tutorials for all of us?
    Do you have a secret twin?
    Are you really an alien?
    Have you been bionically enhanced in some way?
    Are you from a secret island, fly an invisible plane and have a golden lasso of truth?

I swear, when I grow up I want to be just like you.

35. shortmama says:

What a cute idea! Just might have to make these as reward cards in my house!

36. How cute! I think I may have to do this for the kids. I think they would love it. Thanks for the great ideas. Also, I love the shoes you have on in your header. Everytime your blog pops up on my screen I think, gosh those shoes are cute. :)

37. The Blonde Duck says:

And I'm sorry to hear about the drama, but glad it worked out. You can always e-mail me.

38. Stephanie says:

Absolutely stunning! You do beautiful work! And the card idea is ingenius. Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

39. The Blonde Duck says:

That is such a cute idea! I love it!

It wasn't my b-day, it was the Babies b-day!

40. Love your stuff! Very cute idea!

41. Kitschalicious says:

I came across your site awhile ago and just love your projects! This one is amazing and what great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

42. Ahhhhh…too cute! Yet another thing to add to my "to do" list! I need to quite visiting blogs until I get a handle on myself…lol :)

43. Julie Harward says:

THERE YOU GO BEING FULL OF GOOD IDEAS AGAIN…LOVE THIS! THANKS…COME SAY HI :D

44. The Cottage Mama says:

You have some of the best ideas!! I love this one – it is super cute and very practical. My hubby and I try not to spend a lot of money on each other at the holidays, so this is a perfect idea – a gift from the heart!!

45. I love this one! Too cute and unique!

46. What a wonderful idea and it came out soooooo cute! I love how you have them displayed!

47. Big Boops says:

What a great idea! I'm doing Valentines on the cheap this year and this will be a great addition!

48. Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

This is super super darling!

49. What a great idea!!!! I love your creativity (I know I say that all the time but I really mean it!)

50. wow what a great idea. Are those labels or a certain project you have on a computer program? Love it..

51. This is such a cute, quick idea, Thanks!!

52. Connie Weiss says:

Such a great idea!

53. Mrs. So and So says:

What a great Valentines project. I love it! It came out really great.

54. Those look GREAT! You did a wonderful job!

55. love this how cute using playing cards is such a great idea!

Carrie

56. Jenglamgirl says:

I have seen this idea, but i LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THEM. The ribbons are so cute, all of it, way to go!

57. Jensamom23 says:

LOVE this idea! Thanks for your blog..I may end up being crafty afterall!

58. Hey!!! This is something I might be able to actually do! I love the idea!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

So happy to hear good news from you yesterday!
    ~Becca

59. So cute! I wish we had a Hobby Lobby around here! Maybe one day. Can't wait to see what you come up with for my pillows. I am so excited!

60. 3 Blessings says:

So cute! Thanks for sharing!!!!

This is such a cute idea! My oldest is the only one who can sort of read, so I would have to do pictures on the cards for my younger ones. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

62. This is wonderful! I bought a deck of cards on clearance at Target after Christmas and I might just have to make a set of these for my husband!

63. Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com says:

That turned out really cute! I think I'm going to have to try this!!

Please feel free to stop by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and add your weekly craft links!

It's found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com

64. that is a fantastic idea…I am marking this for future use!!!

65. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

I love this idea, Jen! I used to do this type of thing for my kids when they were younger, although not as nice as yours. I have so many decks of playing cards and now I have one I probably should do something with, since I took out 3-4 Hearts cards to make tags.

66. What a cute idea!!

67. Joanne Kennedy says:

These are so cute. I fell in love with them. In fact, I've already downloaded them, made changes and printed them out. I'll put them together tomorrow. I am going to use these for my Valentine's Day luncheon.

Thanks!

Joanne

68. theUngourmet says:

These are so darling! What a lot of fantastic ideas too! :D

69. I did this one year for a stocking stuffer for my husband. Mine were not near as cute :o) Your coupons are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Just found your blog from a friend the other day and I LOVE it! I made the Valentines (xoxo) frames this weekend, except I did "L O V E". I haven't had a chance to blog about them though. :o)

70. I see you still up late too! Jen I love this idea. Of course I've seen coupon booklets before but never this cute! My boys would love that! Thanks for always sharing your wonderful creative side. You are a terrific, generous friend!

1. […] {Valentines Playing Card Coupons and printable} […]

2. […] Valentine Project: Playing Card Coupon Booklets We love celebrating Valentine’s Day, but it’s not a big present-fest around here. Instead, we like to have a nice family dinner and a fewlittle gifts. Something that my kids love is making and receivingValentine coupons.  This year I’m giving my little family Valentine Coupon books made out of a deck of playing cards. I bought the playing cards at the grocery store. They were a double pack of cards for $1.99. Then I made the coupons. If you would like to use them. You can customize them and put whatever you want on your coupons. I thought of each member of my family and what they would think is source: tatertotsandjello.com Visit link → […]

3. […] Valentine Coupons from Tatertots and Jello.  I saw these last year and wanted to make them….didn’t get around to it, but gosh darn it, I’m going to do this this year!  If I was going to do this with an entire class, I’d cut cardstock and NOT use the playing cards.  Buying playing cards for 15-20 kids can get expensive!  Super cute idea and a great twist on an older idea. […]