Hi there Tatertots and Jello friends! I’m Kelsey from Poofy Cheeks where I share crafts, DIY projects and recipes!
I am so thrilled to be a recipe contributor for TT&J this year and have a few yummy ideas up my sleeve! With Spring right around the corner I wanted to share a deliciously sweet and easy recipe that is perfect for family get-togethers, cook outs or just as an after dinner dessert.
I introduce you to Brownie Banana Split Pie!
This pie is just like a banana split without the melting ice-cream factor and the best part is that you can add whatever toppings your little heart desires. In our house we like to add caramel sauce and cherries but coconut flakes, chocolate sauce or nuts would be amazing too!
Here is the recipe for Brownie Banana Split Pie –
- 1 Brownie Mix (and ingredients required on the box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 bananas – sliced
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple – drained
- 1/2 tub of thawed cool whip – 4 ounces
- desired toppings – cherries, nuts, caramel sauce (optional)
- Bake the brownie mix as directed on the box. For more of a ‘pie’ feel bake in a pie dish. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl use a mixer on medium low speed to mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Layer sliced bananas and pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Immediately before serving add cool whip and desired toppings.
Around our home my kids will eat anything with bananas, my husband is a huge fan of brownies and I will eat just about anything sweet so this dessert is a crowd pleaser! Serve this dessert at your next gathering and I am sure it will be a crowd pleaser for you too!
Thanks Kelsey! I’m SO excited to have Kelsey as one of my contributors this year! She is super talented, and as you can see, has amazing recipe ideas too! That Brownie Banana Split Pie looks so heavenly! Here are a few recent posts of Kelsey’s that I love:
This DIY Craft Closet Storage Reveal turned out so great! I love how she maximized the use of a small space!
I love a good copycat recipe and this Olive Garden Copycat Five Cheese Ziti looks SO good!
These Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies look so simple to make, and so yummy!
Visit Poofy Cheeks and