I LOVE this time of year!!
Decorating for Fall is my favorite.
Last week I made a bleached dropcloth slipcover for my couch and I thought it would be fun to keep my Fall decor to grey and white. Kind of non-traditional. I just really wanted to go with a neutral and kind of beachy look for Fall.
DecoArt has an awesome multi-surface line of paints coming out. They were kind of enough to send me some and ask me to make a project with them. I thought it would be fun to paint pumpkins and attach wood letters that spelled out something for Fall!! I chose the word AUTUMN.
Here’s how I made this Beachy Fall Mantel!
- I took 6 small pumpkins. You can find them at your local craft store.
- Then I painted them. I originally painted them grey but once I put them on my mantel, I found that I liked a lighter color. So I repainted them white (just keeping it real).
- And I painted the wood letters Dolphin Grey.
- I attached the wood letters to the pumpkins with hot glue.
- I also painted a round grape vine wreath with the paint and hung it on an old vintage door.
I just love the way it looks!!
I think the mantel needs something else — maybe a few grey and white Fall pennants??
What do you think??
I love the way the Autumn Pumpkin mantel looks with my new slipcovered couch.
So light and bright!!
DecoArt will aso have an awesome line of stencils. I made these Gold Geometric Pumpkins with their Geometric Stencil:
Americana Multi-Surface Satins are available for purchase at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, and other fine craft retailers.
Plus … check out this DecoArt rebate offer (click the pic for a larger version)
Have a Creative Day!!
PS – I am linking this up to Thrifty Decor Chick’s Fall Mantel Party – check it out!
This post sponsored by DecoArt. Regardless of sponsorship or product provided, I only post about products or companies I love. For more information, see my disclosures.