"Summer Social" Guest Project — Make Embellished Resin Rings!!

Hey Jelloheads!  That’s totally what a follower of Jen’s is called, and I am one too.  It’s Amy from Mod Podge Rocks – your guest host today.

If you don’t know me, I blog about Mod Podge and everything that you can do with it.  I also love the color blue, garden gnomes and pugs.  In my spare time I’m writing a book (that Jen is going to be in!) and I’m training for a 1/2 marathon.  Nuts?  Maybe.  Loveable?  I hope so.

Jen has been obsessed with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic lately, and I can’t blame her.  It’s completely awesome.  I made these rings, one of my favorite (and easiest) Dimensional Magic projects, and I’m going to share with you the three step tutorial.

YES, it’s that easy.

They are so inexpensive, you can use existing supplies that you have and they make great gifts.  Here we go. Supply list: Ring blanks – purchased at Michaels Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Martha Stewart Microbeads – shown in Peridot and Blue Topaz Embellishments – I used Making Memories Deco Brads – Shimmer and With Love Flower Brads Keep in mind that if you don’t have the microbeads, you can use paper – just cut it to fit and stick it down in there with Mod Podge.  Okay, so here we go.

Get some ring blanks from your local craft store.  They are pretty inexpensive.

Find a place to secure your ring blank and add a thin layer of Dimensional Magic to the bottom.  Note – never shake your Dimensional Magic bottle.  It adds bubbles.

Shake some beads into the Dimensional Magic.  Let it dry and then dump off excess beads.  If you haven’t filled the ring blank, repeat (you can layer Dimensional Magic).

Add another layer of Dimensional Magic on top of your beads and then stick in the embellishment.  Let dry in a warm place (NOT under a fan) for several hours.  You’re done!  Repeat with as many rings as possible.

Can you believe it’s that easy to have cute jewelry?

When I first tried it, I couldn’t believe it either.  I love my new rings! Thanks to all of you for your time – and to Jen for hosting me.  I want you all to know that Jen is the nicest person ever (I’ve met her in person) in addition to being an amazing hostess.  I hope to see you soon at Mod Podge Rocks – I also have a Facebook fan page.  We can talk crafting, but I can also give you advice on finding cute shoes if you like (I have a big collection).  Hope to see you soon!

Amy – those are such fun rings!!!
 And what a great Summertime craft to make with kids, neighbors, girlfriends, at family reunions :)
If you aren’t familiar with Amy’s blog, you are missing out big time!! Amy is such a fun person both on her blog and in real life. And she is one of the most giving and supportive people I have ever met. She loves promoting people and making people feel good!!
Here are some of my favorite ideas from Mod Podge Rocks:
{I have had a crush on these Mod Podge Bangles since the moment I first saw them…}
{These Silhouette Family Gift Tags need to be in magazine they are so cute….}
{In addition to her own projects, she loves to feature other people, like this awesome Quatrefoil Art made out of paint chips….}
{And she just started a new series where she features GUYS that love to Mod Podge – I love that!!….}

Be sure to head over to Mod Podge Rocks for a jackpot of crafty ideas!!
PS – Guess what we did last night? We got to go to a secret Killers concert at the Scala! They are in town, playing in a concert tonight inHyde Park, but booked a concert last minute as a warm up. It was so fun!!
PPS — It’s Friday!! My favorite day of the week. I am SO excited to see YOUR ideas tonight at the Weekend Wrap UP Party!! The party starts at 6 pm MST.
Have a Fantastic Friday!!!

Comments

1. We stumbled over here by a different website and thought
    I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i
    am following you. Look forward to checking out your web
    page for a second time. hack facebook account, Vanessa,
    Vanessa recently posted…Vanessa

2. Axionchick says:

I just love how simple this project is! There’re only two problems in it for me, if I can’t get my hands on a bottle of Dimensional Magic then is there some other type of glue or binder I can use? And are Sugar Beads to big for this project, of is it just right?

Thanks again.
    ~ Axionchick

3. Michaela says:

Well, first I have to say, I’ve decided to make Christmas presents this year. I know it’s August 1st but I want a head start, pretty much so I know I’ll have time for when I screw up. Like I did with this beautiful ring I want to make for my mom and sister. I decided to use a pendant and turn it into a necklace; easy enough… BUT when I went to Hobby Lobby I couldn’t find mod podge dimensional magic OR the microbeads. I did find though other beads and clear translucent dimensional silicone, let me tell you that was a MAJOR FAIL! So, I’m going to order the mod podge dimensional magic AND proper beads online and try again. I’m sure once I get the right stuff it’ll turn out lol… Can’t wait!

4. So pretty! Just wondering what happens to the Mod Podge if it gets wet? I never take my rings off when I wash my hands! Thanks! Diane

5. Loving these!!
    I have included them in a post about great gift tutorials for women and girls.
    You can see them here….
    …if you like.
    Thanks for taking the time to put together this tutorial so that we can be inspired by your creativity.
    Ally of harrysdesk.

6. Mel M. M. McCarthy says:

Fabulous! LOVE the teensy flowers.

7. I love this! Definitely going to give it a try!!

8. CREATIVE MIND says:

Amy Is always Aweesome with her Mod Podge..love her ideas & love her blog..
    thanks for sharing her work here :)
    Lots of Love!!!

9. Michelle L. says:

That Amy is kool! She features a million other people but I always love her own projects. Very cute rings!

10. those rings are fabulous! thanks for hosting this jen, might be my new project!

11. Laura @ ON{thelaundry}LINE says:

Yay, these are super cute! I love dimensional magic! I actually use something by a different brand right now but once that bottle is empty I'm converting. I totally use it as an adhesive for jewelry, period, and it works great!

12. kami @ nobiggie.net says:

I love it, Amy! Adorable rings!

PS. Jen – I am SO jealous! I have to hear all about the concert, we love the Killers!

13. Jennifer says:

Yaaay it's Amy!!!! <3 her!

14. Katherines Corner says:

cute!Hoping your weekend is a sweet one. Thinking of you and sending ♥

15. These rings are seriously darling!! I can't wait to try them!!

Those are adorable! I have been wanting to try out the Dimensional Mod Podge:) It is now offically on my shopping list!

17. Mod Podge Amy says:

Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone – and to Jen for hosting me!! xo For those who want to know where to get Dimensional Magic, it's at Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and JoAnn (Near the hot glue). If you are desperate you can get it online:

18. Linda B says:

Jenn, these are so cute. Thanks. I already use mod podge for my scrabble tile and bottlecap pendants and love it.

Hurray for cute rings! Great project, Amy. :) I've never tried DM before!

Thanks for so many neat Features to read, Jen. I love reading your trip updates. :)

20. Love these! What a fun idea, I just might have to run out and get some modge podge today =). Happy Friday

21. Kim @ Everything Etsy says:

I want to make some rings now…awesome post! I've always been curious about how these little jewels were made. :)

~Kim

22. Jake & Kelly says:

Hey Jen! I love LOVE love your blog…guess I'm considered a Jellohead! Fine by me. I have been dying to try Dimensional Magic and can't find it anywhere. Thoughts?

Email me…kell2@rocketmail.com

23. Love these rings! They are super cute! I've seen the Killers in concert twice now… they are awesome!

24. MBC Scrapbooking says:

Hi Jen! These rings are awesome!!
    Thanks Amy for the tutorial. My daughter is sitting right here next to me, saying she wants to make some today;)
    Love,
    C:)

1. […]  Embellished Resin Rings ~ These rings are similar to the resin rings I featured above but with a bit more bling and […]