Quatrefoil Wreath Tutorial

My Quatrefoil obsession continues.
I decided to try to make a quatrefoil wreath to hang in front of my house. Here’s what I did:
1. I took two small foam wreaths and cut it each in half with scissors.
2. Then I laid the pieces on my works surface and lined up the edges so it was even. I trimmed a couple of the sides so they would line up correctly.
3. I pinned the wreath edges together so the wreath would maintain it’s shape and so the edges would be tight.
4. Then I hot glued the edges together.
5. When the glue was cool, I wrapped the wreath in fabric. I cut a 2 inch section of fabric about 4 feet long. I wrapped it tightly all the way around the wreath and hot glued the ends down.
6. I added some ric rac and coordianting fabric to another strip of the fabric and added that at the top to hang the wreath.
7. I decided that it needed something else, so when I was at the craft store, I spied this plastic plate. I took it home and printed off a vinyl “H” on my Cricut and applied it to the plate.
8. I drilled a hole at the top of the plate. Added some ribbon and attached it to the bottom of the ribbon at the top of the wreath.
And speaking of my favorite things, the Martha Stewart-inspired challenge is going on right now over at The CSI Project! Come link up your projects — the Martha Stewart Crafts Departmentare the guest judge this week. You can link up past projects too!

Visit thecsiproject.com

I’m linking this up to these fun parties:

The Girl Creative
The DIY Show Off
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

1. Love your blog and this project featuring quatrefoil (one of my favorite patterns!) so I featured your project in my roundup of crafty quatrefoil projects here. Feel free to check it out and hope you like it!

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

2. Michelle says:

Thank you for your inspiration! You tutorial was really well done and easy to follow. Here is my interpretation of your wreath…
    Happy Crafting!
    Michelle :)

3. Louley's Belles says:

So Want to try this.

4. Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

You are brilliant. Seriously! This looks perfect!

5. Kara@ Creations by Kara says:

Totally love it! Thanks so much for linking up. :)

6. In a word, AWESOME. Love the shape, fabric, everything. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

7. Kim @ Everything Etsy says:

You are sooo talented girl! I always love all your creations! I had no idea that was a plate in the center…love it! :)

~Kim

8. Ela@lifeinmypjs.com says:

Would love it if you would join me for my 2nd linky party going on right now!!

~Ela

9. ★All Thingz Related★ says:

Thanks for helping us have a great Tuesday at Anything Related! ~Bridgette

10. Kuzak's Closet says:

Awesome idea! I love this for summer, sometimes it is hard to find something to put up after 4th of July. Please link up to Sister Sister if you have a chance.

Thanks,
    Amanda

11. That is so clever!

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

12. Erin @ Crafts and Sutch says:

I need to make this immediately! LOVE!

Erin :)

13. I don't know what happened…I just got an email saying that you didn't get this, but I sent it yesterday right after I read your email:

OH MY GOODNESS! You are just too precious! Another reason why you are just my most favorite crafty blogger!

Would you mind buying me 3?

Will $20 do? Do you have a paypal address that I can send it to?

Thank you just so, so much!

Kirby

14. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says:

I've had a few people ask me where I found the plate for my Quatrefoil Wreath Project. I found it at a craft store in Utah called Robert's crafts. If you don't have one near you, I am willing to go buy some and send them out. Send me an email to jennifer@tatertotsandjello.com if you would like me to do that. I think they were $2 each.

jen

15. Okay…I MUST ask:

Where did you find that plate?

I have been all over the craft stores in my town!!

Thanks in advance!

16. Love it! Great colours, wonderful use of that green plate. Very Creative!

You have a way of making everything seem so simple. If I were to take a picture during the "pinning and gluing" stage…there would be blood and icking glue all over my hands:) This was very clever and something that even I could do!

18. Sheri@childmade.com says:

Very cool! And I love your colors! Thanks for sharing!

19. Christine says:

Hey…I thought of you and your burlap projects…I don't know if you saw this but thought you would like it…hugs from me

20. I love your quatrefoil obsession! and I love the wreath, and I love that I never knew that word until I knew you. ;)

21. Gracie Lou says:

That is so cool and just in time for summer! I've been looking into fun little ways to spruce up my outdoor space on the cheap. I definitely wanna give this a try so I can hang it by my patio. Very cool post dude :)

22. asnipofgoodness says:

Okay, I don't usually leave comments when someone has already gotten over 40, cause, well, cause I wouldn't want to give anyone the BIG head or anything, but you are truly inspiring, and I am in awe, total and complete awe. That wreath is fan forever tastic, and you are the BOMB!!!

23. maid marian says:

By far one of your best projects yet! So beautiful!!! Thanks so much for including the tutorial. I'm inspired!

24. Love this. Possibly my favorite wreath tutorial ever. So original!

25. The Paper Mama says:

What a wonderful idea! I was just thinking I need a new wreath. This is so much more exciting than a circle.

26. Love this, Jenn! Perf for indoor or outdoor… I'm going to have to hit up a friend for vinyl. Where did you find the cute plate in the middle? I love the shape.

27. Terrell says:

OMG! I love this!! I might have to snag the idea! It's sooo fun and Springy!!

28. lajamison says:

I don't know what the origin of the Quatrefoil is but this wreath makes me think Irish. My husband is Irish and would love this. We'll see what I can do.

29. You made this look so easy I think I could even make one of these.

30. Miller Racing Family says:

Great project. I love the big H in the middle. Again you amaze me!

31. Tania on the Hill says:

I'M GONNA MAKE ONE!!!

32. Atelier de Charo says:

So great proyect! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
    Charo

33. Blessed Mommy of 2 says:

Very cute!

34. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

This is so great! Seriously creative. ;) I think I need my own. I even have that fabric. . . Thanks for the great tutorial!

35. WHAT?! I would have never guessed those were the materials used to make that. You're crafty, girl! It turned out beautifully.

36. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

This is the most fabulous wreath in the whole universe!

37. Stacey @ The Blessed Nest says:

So super cute! I love the quatrefoil shape, and the fabric is lovely!! :) Very fun & unique!
    Blessings,
    Stacey

That is awesome! I love that you took two plain round wreath forms and turned them into such a unique wreath! I love the fabric you used too!

39. Melissa says:

Brilliant idea!!

40. BLJ Graves Studio says:

I love how this turned out! Aren't you clever to figure out how to make it happen. :-)

41. Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com says:

ah what a good idea! I am in phi mu so the quatrefoil is actually one of our symbols. It looks adorable!

42. Michelle @ Sweet Something says:

Beautiful Jen!! Just one thing, my last name starts with an E not an H! :) Looks great! I love your ideas!
    Michelle

43. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Beautiful wreath! I love that all of your projects are so unique.

44. You need to hire a team of elves who can mass produce all this stuff you make so I can buy them since I don't have time to make it all myself. No problem, right? Great. I'll take 2 :)

45. I love the wreath. The plate in the middle totally sets it off. Thanks for sharing!!

46. Nicole @ BugaBoos says:

Jen this is really amazing!! I love it and I so love the fabric and that plate is awesome!! I am so into the green right now and love it!! I would have never thought to cut up the foam and make it into another shape like that. Totally Awesome!

47. Stephanie Lynn says:

Gorgeous Jen! Simply Love!! ~ Stephanie Lynn

48. That is too cool Jen. I love it. The plate was perfect too.

49. Kim @ Frost Me! says:

this is going into my wedding idea file! Love it!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

50. Ashley @ Bride on a Budget says:

Adorable!

51. I love it, of course I love everything you do!
    Have a beautiful day!

52. shut up! LOVE THIS! and the plate??/ couldn't have been more perfect!

53. staci @ lizard n ladybug says:

I love it! Thanks for giving the step-by-step too!! So cute!

54. The Answer Is Chocolate says:

Brilliant! I love the bright colors and of course, the shape. I'm going to try my first project w/ your stencil soon!

55. Deals, Steals and Heels says:

i MUST make one of these!!!! can you buy long strips of cloth?

56. OH SO COOL!!!!!!!!

57. Jenglamgirl says:

Oh' Jen this is so dang cute. You crack me up, when you get on an obsession… there is no stopping you. LOVE THIS. That plate is the perfect addition to it. WAY TO GO! come visit my craft blog sometime. Hugs, loves, jENN

58. I love it! Great tuturial too!
    I still think you should show us your home! I love the little glimpses I've seen. Hope you are having a good week. Are your kids out of school yet?

59. shortmama says:

That is so darn cute!

60. Fussy Monkey Business says:

This is super cute! def. will have to make one!!

61. trippingtiffies says:

That is simply beautiful! Instant favorite!

62. starnes family says:

Maybe one of my favorites yet! Gorgeous.