Three Doily Pennant Projects

I decided to experiment with making some doily pennants.
The first kind I made used the paper doilies you can buy at any grocery store. I made one with small paper doilies and one with the larger doilies. These would be fun to to add a little color for any type of party. I added a little oomph by making some little fabric pom poms that go in between each of the doilies.
I took a piece of bias tape and pinned the doilies on about 8 inches apart. To make the pom poms, I took scrap pieces of fabric and cut them up into 3 inch lengths and into tiny little strips with my rotary cutter.
Then I put about 8 different prints together and folded them over and then pinned the pom poms onto the bias tape. I sewed over the bias tape using a zig zag stitch. (30 minute project)
The fabric pennant that I made is a no sew project. I cut out a template out of cardstock. I cut out a 8 inch long rectangle by 6 inches wide. Then I took my ruler made a pennant shape. I traced the pennant onto 12 different patterns of material. Once I cut them out, I hot glued the pennants onto bias tape, 1/2 inch apart. Then I took some Dollar Store doilies and cut pieces out of them and hot glued them onto the individual pennants. (1 hour project)
 I am linking up to these wonderful places:

Comments

1. Jennifer Juniper says:

I love the look of the doilies on the banner! Really cute :)

2. Sandy a la Mode says:

oh how i HEART doilies! love these tutorials, thanks for sharing!

3. KRISTINA CIPOLLA PHOTOGRAPHY says:

Very cute and colorful! I just want to hang them over my patio and watch them blow in the wind! :) I also nominated you for an award…Totally fine if you cannot "accept" it, but love your blog so just wanted to represent! :) Have a great day!

4. The Blonde Duck says:

How festive!

Love the one with the doily pieces glued onto the individual penants. :)

6. Laura Ingalls Gunn says:

Oh well done! I like it with the colorful print.

One March 25th I had posted how I had dyed paper doily's and made them into a garland.

Great minds think alike. :)

7. You are amazing, friend.

8. How FUN! They look great and are so cute! =)

9. raggygirlvintage says:

Very creative, there are so many occasions you could make one of these for!
    Tracey

10. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

This is just adorable! Loving all the things you are doing with doilies.

Question: How to you get your banners to hang so well? Mine want to flip around all over the place!

11. I LOVE this project…you are amazing!
    I featured you on my blog today!
    Have a fabulous day!!
    Jenn

12. Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry says:

Simple and beautiful, what a way to pazzaz the mantel… SO fresh!

13. These are fantastic!

14. FleaMarketTrixie says:

so cute and colorful, love it

15. Kim's Treasures says:

Beautiful!!! Love these!

16. Of course, I love it. Of course! Hey – got an award for you at my place today. :)

17. Jen,
    I have yet to figure out how you come up with all of these amazing ideas! You ROCK!!!

Very cute! I love the pendant one with the doilies hot glued on. And those fabric pom poms are really cute too!

19. So so pretty- you know I love the doily! Actually, I just bought a package of paper ones at the dollar tree to use for a little daisy scout tea party this week. It must be doilies in the air!

20. Very cute Jen! Like always :) I am having my very first linky party today and would love for you to link this up! Have a great Tuesday!