Project to Try: Make Jewelry out of old Glasses

Here’s a great use for old glasses!
DSCN1903
Step-finished-necklace-2
Step-necklace-9

Go over to In My Own Style to see the tutorial. I am thinking this would be a fun project to get together with girlfriends and try!

SALE SALE SALE on Recycled Victorian Ladies Party Time Eyeglass Lens Necklace with Copper Chain

Update: A wonderful shop on etsy,   Gotart also makes necklaces out of eyeglass lenses.

So many possibilities!

I hope you are having a Wonderful Saturday!

Comments

1. Jensamom23 says:

What a clever idea!

2. Jen! What a great idea! xxoo

3. Sherry Goodloe says:

I make jewelry out of old lens as well. Here's a link to one of my necklaces http://www.etsy.com/listing/17980130/sale-sale-sale-on-recycled-victorian

These are fun to make!!

4. Rebecca Everett says:

I love this idea. I have a pair of glasses that were my fathers before he passed. Now I know what to do with them

5. Wow!! That is so fun. Just love this idea. All this re-purposing is so wonderful.

Blessings!
    -Sarah

6. Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

That does look like a fun project!

7. Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. says:

Why don't I think of stuff like that?

8. Little Miss Sassy Pants says:

What a fabulous idea! I love it!

9. cute!

10. Let me just say thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am in love with pretty much ALL of your burlap projects. We just moved to a new house and I have a lot of redecorating to do and burlap is definitely going to be a part of my future for a while. Thank you for such wonderful information. I love your blog!!!

I would never have dreamed of this…but it is a great idea!

12. What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing…. :O)

13. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

First, I love this idea! And to think I just donated three pairs of my old prescription reading glasses!

Second, I remember making things with these glass shapes when I was a kid. I would never have thought of that memory if you hadn't mentioned it! Gluing a pretty wrapping paper to the back so it showed through on the front and making them into pins. I think it was a pretty hot craft for Mother's Day back then! Of course, the monogram trend makes them look so much nicer.

14. Sandy a la Mode says:

wow! how clever is this!!! my husband does have a few old pairs… =P

15. Michelle Palmer says:

Thank you for sharing the link! Such a unique idea~
    You have such a wonderful blog…

16. I LOVE this idea! What a fun, pretty project!