Happy New Year to all you Tatertots fans!! It’s Kara from Creations by Kara, and I’m here to share a quick and easy winter recipe with you. The kids are still out of school for a few more days, and this melted snowman bark is a fun Winter recipe that they can help you make! As a bonus, when they are done with these snowmen, you won’t have piles of soggy snow clothes cluttering up the house. 🙂
This yummy treat is super easy to whip up, and just has a few ingredients. Plus it’s just darn cute!
Here’s how to make Winter Melted Snowman Bark:
One tip I learned- work very quickly when adding the snowman parts to the top of the chocolate. I was being too much of a perfectionist in my placing, and my chocolate set up before I could add all of my ingredients. It was fine, but as you can see, there are a lot of bare spots.
I used chocolate chips for the eyes, starburst candies for the noses, pretzel sticks for the arms, Reese’s PB cups for hats, and M&M’s for the buttons. You could also use candy goggly eyes, red hots or Skittles for the buttons, and even fruit roll ups cut up to look like scarves. Your kids will probably have some great ideas of their own. Get creative and have fun with it!
- 5 orange Starburst candies
- 6-7 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, halved
- 10 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp M&M candies (I used red and green)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Unwrap the Starburst candies and cut each piece into four triangle pieces. Smooth the edges with your fingers. Cut the peanut butter cups in half, and break the pretzel sticks.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power. Stir every 30-45 seconds till smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate into a rectangle on a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper. Quickly add the other ingredients to the top of the chocolate. You have to work fast before the chocolate sets up. Let sit till chocolate hardens, then cut or break into pieces.
Here are a few more decadent candy recipes you’ll enjoy!
So adorable Kara!!
Be sure to follow follow along with Creations by Kara for great ideas!!
Have a Beautiful Day!!