Hi, everyone! I’m Kim from The Celebration Shoppe and I’m thrilled to be sharing some Thanksgiving fun for Jen’s Happy Holidays series.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is all the fun food! I love to make my kids, and all their little friends, smile with special goodies. And as a busy mom, I also want (and need) them to be quick and simple.
So let’s get crafty and make some Indian Corn Rice Krispies Treats. These are perfect for the Thanksgiving Kids Table or for those upcoming Thanksgiving class celebrations.
- Rice Krispies
- Cocoa Rice Krispies
- Butter (Smart Balance Light for kiddos with food allergies)
- 4″ cello goody bags
- Lollipop sticks
- Wax paper
- Green construction paper
Easy how to steps:
- Make Rice Krispies Treats using the directions on the box, but substitute Cocoa Krispies for half (3 cups) of the Rice Krispies the recipe calls for
- Apply butter to your hands and mold “corn” onto the lollipop sticks
- Allow to cool completely on wax paper
- Package in cellos
- Cut 3″ strips of construction paper and fringe
- Twist the construction paper around the bottom of the cello and close the bag
Yields 20 Indian Corn Treats.
I have a few FREE Thanksgiving printables including a HAPPY TURKEY DAY and a GOBBLE GOBBLE favor tag that would be darling with these goodies. I also have FREE Christmas Gift Tags that you can personalize in the file before you print. Hop over and download yours!
Thanks so much for having me Jen and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Thanks Kim! Those are absolutely adorable and I’m sure would make any kid happy to gobble one up at Thanksgiving! Kim has great ideas at The Celebration Shoppe! Here are a few of my favorite projects of hers:
Kim has a great video tutorial for How to Make a Fabric Wreath like these two adorable wreaths pictured above.
She also was featured on HGTV’s blogger challenge for this Rustic Winter Wonderland Christmas Mantel.
I think it turned out absolutely beautiful!!
And this DIY Wine Cork Stamp idea is perfect for your gift wrapping this Christmas!
So simple and easy, but it makes the gifts seem extra special!
Visit The Celebration Shoppe and