My kids love pasta AND pizza. I thought it would be fun to come up with a recipe that was a little combination of both. After experimenting with a few different variations we found one that is a winner. I made it the other night when we were all together and they loved it. And my favorite part is that it’s fast and easy to make AND I had all of the ingredients in the fridge and pantry. YAY! Margherita Pasta Bake!
My son is vegetrarian so I am always looking for something that the whole family will love that my son will love too. You can also add meat to this recipe. I think meatballs or ground beef would be yummy. Also you could add grilled chicken strips too.
- 1 pound uncooked pasta (I used campanelle pasta)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes,halved
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta. Once al dente - pour pasta into a large casserole dish. Then layer spaghetti sauce, chopped garlic, mozarella slices, tomatoes, basil and then parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cook on 375 for 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve.
I’m always looking for fast and easy recipes that I can make that the kids will love. I hope you will enjoy this one!
Have a delicious day!!