Hey Tatertots and Jello friends! I’m Kelsey from Poofy Cheeks and I am back sharing another recipe today. I am sharing a twist on one of my favorite summer treats – the S’more.
I grew up in rural Illinois and every summer we had campfires which were always accompanied by s’mores. Since moving to Florida nearly eight years ago I quickly learned that there is a small window of opportunity to have campfires. The summer months are too darn hot for campfires and we are often under burn bans if the ground is too dry. Since making s’mores has been on our Summer Bucket List the past few years I came up with an alternative to the classic s’more by making it with peanut butter cookies ((no campfire needed))!
I don’t know about you but I am always game for a chocolaty treat – add peanut butter and I stop everything!
Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores – yields 4 dozen cookies (2 dozen S’mores)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 chocolate bars – each broke into four pieces
- Marshmallow Crème
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder and beat until combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and then beat in as much of the flour as you can with a mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Using your hands shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Use the tines of a fork to lightly push down and make criss-cross lines in the cookies. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cool enough to handle spread marshmallow crème on one cookie, top with a piece of chocolate bar and then another cookie to create a peanut butter cookie s’more!
I hope you enjoy this twist on S’mores and if you get a chance stop by Poofy Cheeks where I will be sharing lottsa’ yummy bacon recipes all week long!
Thanks Kelsey! I love s’mores too, and these look amazing! Kelsey always has such awesome recipes, doesn’t she? Here are a few of her recent projects on her blog that are so fun!
For the salty sweet lovers out there, this Bacon Cracker Toffee looks so good. I definitely want to try this one!
Going on a road trip this summer? Her Road Trip Book Printables to help you keep the kids entertained is a perfect idea!!
And, if you’re looking for a quick and easy summer meal, this is it. These Flatbread Pizza Sandwiches look like the best idea for busy families.
Visit Poofy Cheeks and