Can I admit that I grow tomatoes in my garden JUST to make salsa and Pico De Gallo??
I am addicted to chips and salsa – lol.
So over the years I’ve spent quite a bit of time tweaking recipes, trying to find the PERFECT Pico recipe.
Here’s the final winner! And it is so easy to make too! And it gets even better after it’s been refrigerated for a day or two. You can also freeze this Pico De Gallo. All you need to do is double bag it and get as much of the air out as possible before you seal it up.
Here’s how to make it:
(Makes 16 servings)
- 5 Medium Ripe Tomatoes, diced
- 1 White or Red Onio, finelychopped
- 2 Limes, juiced.
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, chopped. Discard the seeds, unless you want the pico to be super spicy.
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro, finely chopped. If you love Cilantro, add more to taste.
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, chopped for garnish.
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, cilantro and half of the green onion. Then season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Add the remaining green onion to the top of the Pico De Gallo, refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then serve.
What’s YOUR favorite Summertime recipe?
Let us know in the comments!!
Have a HAPPY Day!
PS: I’ve linked up this post to these fabulous blogs this week!