How yummy are croutons?? And they are so easy to make! I love a good salad and croutons make a salad into a meal.
Here’s the super easy recipe. Never buy packaged croutons again!!
Homemade Italian Crouton Recipe:
- 1 baguette, sliced in half legth-wise and then cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 T. butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T. Italian Medley Seasoning Spice (I used Mrs Dash)
- Heat oven to 375-degrees.
- Add oil, butter, garlic and Italian Medley Spices to a 9×12 baking dish and put into oven until butter is melted.
- Toss bread in the oil, butter and spices mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, tossing halfway through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
**These croutons can be kept for up to a week. Let them cool and then package them into a zip lock or tupperware and keep at room temperature.
You won’t believe how these croutons will spice up a salad and impress your family!! My kids love eating them plain as snacks too!
I have a really yummy salad that I used these croutons in —
I will post the salad recipe this week!
What is YOUR favorite salad recipe??
Let us know in the comments!!
Have a beautiful day!