1. The snipping tool. Such a cool and handy tool. If there is a picture, or banner that I need for a post, all I do is get the snipping tool out and I can grab the image in no time flat.
2. The new windows key shortcuts. I can just press the windows key on my keyboard, type “snip” and hit (Enter), and it loads the snipping tool quickly. I can do the same thing with other programs I use a lot like TweetDeck. If you have Windows 7, try it now: push the windows key, type a few letters of the program you want, and if it’s the first item on the list that appears you can just hit enter after you type those letters in the future.
3. The power management is wonderful – it seems to go to sleep and handle itself better than it used to as well. Seems to come “alive” faster and wake up so I can get to work in a hurry!! I hate waiting around
4. And thattrick works for anything. For example, if I am looking for a project or a picture that I took and saved with the name “burlap,” I can just press the windows key and type burlap — and the top files for that word will appear. If I want to see more, I just click “see more results.”
5. While I’m talking about the Windows key, there’s a neat new way to switch between applications, too. Longtime Windows users might remember that Alt-Tab switches between programs you’re running. but now in Windows 7, when you press Windows key-Tab, you can switch between little pictures of the windows you have open — it looks neat and makes switching around really fast. (Just keep holding the Windows key while you repeatedly press Tab to rotate through the Windows). (Vista used to do this, but it didn’t do it very well and was slow!)
6. I have to confess that I think the “eye candy” is fun, too. The downloadable background wallpaper (themes) are cool, and some rotate automatically. The windows look neat, too, and I can choose a bunch of different color combinations.
7.When I need someone to help me with my PC but they’re not where I am, thefeature is pretty cool — I can authorize someone else using Windows 7 to control my computer remotely with a special invitation only I can give them. It’s much easier than any other app I’ve used to do this kind of thing, and it makes it easy for me to get help from my husband or anyone else.
Here’s how YOU can win:
- What would YOU buy with the $50 Staples gift card? Let me know. one entry.
- Become a Fan of Staples on Facebook – find out about their campaigns and contests. one entry.
- Share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or your blog. one entry each.