So Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting a Before and After Projects Party. She has done the most amazing projects! I also love decorating projects.
Unfortunately I wasn’t doing this blog for more than half of 2008 so I don’t have many before pictures of some of my smaller projects, but we did do some big projects in 2008. So here are some of the things we did: 1. We turned my formal dining room into my office/craft room.
It’s funny, we only used the dining room once or twice a year. We also had part of the open arch enclosed between the living room and dining room and had french doors put on so the office could be closed off. Now that it’s my office/craft room it gets used EVERY day. It’s probably the most used room in the house. Maybe even more used than the kitchen
2. We painted the family room. (It took many cans of paint to decide on just the right shade.)
3. When we moved in the girls’ bathroom was covered in fish! I scraped all of the wallpaper off, painted and then we had these frames made to hide the ugly stock mirrors.
4. We also had a frame made to go on my son’s bathroom.
5. We had white countertops in our Master Bathroom that always looked dirty. We put granite countertops in and had frames made to cover the mirrors.
5. Everything in our house was white and boring, so I painted the Living Room and recarpeted.
I hope to get many more projects done in 2009. Thanks for stopping by for my Top 5 Projects in 2008. Go on over to Rhoda’s site and see the hundreds of before and after projects that industrious bloggers did in 2008 — it is very inspiring! I had a Valentine’s project that I was going to blog about today, but I will save it for tomorrow.