I started my blog about three months ago and I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I wasn’t sure why I was really doing it. I didn’t really have any expectations. I wasn’t expecting to meet anyone who would make an impact on my life. Three months later I have discovered there is so much positive, wonderful energy out in the world of blogs. I have learned so many little and big things that have changed my life for the better, met so many amazing women who are doing wonderful things in their lives and learned a little bit more about who I am. I am trying everyday to be a better person — a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend. One of the people that I have met in these last few months is Marie from A Year From Oak Cottage. I think Marie was one of the first people to leave a comment on my blog and welcome me into this new world. Marie is one of the most amazing people that I have “known” — not that I have ever met her in real life. She lives in the most amazing cottage in England. She loves to cook and makes the most mouth-watering creations and is working on a cookbook. What I love most about going to Marie’s blog everyday is what bits of wisdom she will impart. Her posts are so inspiring, moving, real and detailed — I feel like I know her so well. She is a master writer and story-teller, whether it is a story of her childhood best friend, her “Todd”, her mom, grandma or the beauty of nature. I hope to get better at writing and putting my thoughts into words that reflect how I feel. Another thing I admire about Marie’s posts are that she keeps things real. If she is having a bad day she will write about the reasons she is feeling down. We all know that people are not perfect. Everyone has a bad day or does something they regret. It is nice to see that and know that we are all human and doing the best that we can. Marie was so sweet to tag me with this “One Sweet Blog Award” which comes with the directive to post about things that all have to do with sevens. Thanks Marie! So here it goes: 7 Things I Plan to do Before I Die (most of these probably have to do with traveling — I really hope to travel more once my kids are grown):
- Visit Italy (I took Latin in High School and ever since have had a fascination with all things that had to do with Rome — plus it looks so beautiful).
- Take a water-coloring class.
- Learn another language. (As I said I took Latin in high school which isn’t spoken very frequently).
- Go back to the cities I grew up in and visit all of my childhood houses.
- Make a difference in the world — I would love to find a way our family can do something together to help make the world a better place.
- Visit the English/French countryside and spend a month just painting the scenery.
- Go on a cruise somewhere warm.
7 Things I do Now:
- Spend time being a mom to four wonderful, precious children — my greatest happiness.
- Drive my kids around non-stop (it seems).
- Be crafty: I love to make jewelry, make crafts, paint, decorate.
- Watch “Project Runway” and “Grey’s Anatomy” — my two favorite shows.
- Read. I love to read and sneak it in any chance I get — lunchtime, late at night, weekends.
- Go on dates with my husband (it doesn’t happen as often as we like — but we try).
- Go to the movies. I am easily entertained and love the feeling of sitting in a darkened theater with popcorn — what could be better?
7 Things I Can’t do: (there are more than I can list)
- Speak in Public (this is probably the thing I hate most about myself)
- Remember people’s names — I am horrible about this and especially can’t do it under pressure.
- Keep my closets clean — I just don’t care and don’t have enough time to deal with this.
- Skate backwards (I used to be the best skater — back when I thought skating was going to be an Olympic sport).
- Weed. I hate to yard work and weeding is just never ending!
- Run a 5 minute mile — I wish I loved running but I don’t.
- Drive over a bridge and not feel anxious. I am afraid of heights and drowning. So the combination of both happening freaks me out.
Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex:(Mmmm, this is a funny one)
- Kind eyes.
- Nice smile.
- Strong arms.
- Nice legs.
7 Things I Say Most Often:
- Go make your bed.
- That’s so funny…
- Awesome! (I just started saying this again and I just can’t help myself)
- You’re kidding!
- I love you!
- Just 10 more bites. (or 5, 0r 3 — depending on the amount of food still on the plate)
7 Celebrities I Admire: (OK — just to clarify… I am basing this list on whose clothes I admire, not whose qualities I admire — because I don’t know any of these people!)
- Rachel Bilson — she has the cutest, quirkiest style
- Jennifer Garner — she always looks so casual and real, like she could be your new best friend.
- Reese Witherspoon — I love her hair. I wish I could pull off that blunt cut with the wispy bangs.
- Gwen Stefani — She puts together the craziest things and pulls them off.
- Halle Berry — She has a classic style and always looks great.
- Cate Blanchet — She has a classic style — but with an edge. When she dresses up for big events there is always an unexpected element to what she wears.
- Nicole Kidman — She always looks perfectly groomed. Very sleek and polished wardrobe.
7 Favorite Foods:
- Chips and Salsa (I could live on this and nothing else)
- Pork Salad
- Enchiladas (can you tell what my favorite food group is?)
- Chicken Burrito
- Greek Gyro
7 People I would like to give this award to: Since there are about 7 people who regularly comment on my blog, I would like to give this award to you. Please, dear lurkers, take this award. I would love to see what your 7’s are! It’s so fun to learn more about all of you. If you decide to do it, leave me a comment so I can go to your blog and learn more about you.